Did you have freezing issues that could have been prevented?
Spring is just around the corner and that means we can stop worrying about pipes, valves and other components freezing until next fall!
That is a statement that is heard all too often at Thermaxx. Customers breathe a sigh of relief and quickly forget about the winter. What about next winter? Remember the cost in time and money? The emotional toll of angry customers, angry co-workers and angry management? This can all be easily avoided by contacting Thermaxx LLC.
How do our jackets prevent components from freezing?
- The purpose of a Thermaxx insulation jacket is to drastically limit the loss of BTU’s available in the flowing fluid.
- This means that there are BTU’s in the fluid flowing through the component, as long as those BTU’s are contained within the fluid there is no chance of freezing.
- This means as long as the fluid is flowing, any BTU’s lost to the ambient air are made up by the fluid as it flows through the pipe or valve.
- If there is a chance of a prolonged (18 hours) no-flow situation then electric heat trace should be used on the component.
Let's say you didn't insulate your pipes or valves, and they froze. What did it cost in dollars when the component froze and split?
- People have to be mobilized to find the problem
- Once found, the problem has to be fixed:
- Use a heat source to thaw the component? Hope the component doesn’t break during the unthawing process? FACT: Water is at it’s densest point at 39.2°F/4.0°C.
- The system has to be shut down while the component is r
emoved and repaired, which can take hours. The component may also be removed and replaced (if a replacement part is immediately available)
- If this was part of a production process what is the actual cost in dollars for the downtime? Hundreds of thousands of dollars, millions of dollars?
- Consider the true cost of lost time, wages and material purchases.
What is the emotional cost?
- Your boss is angry, after you were told a year ago to make sure that the problem doesn’t happen again. Guess what? It did!
- Co-Workers or customers don’t like to be inconvenienced one bit. They walk into an unheated office and their day is ruined, so, in turn they blame you!
- Accounting reminds you that the process was down for X hours or X days and the cost was XXXX Hundred Thousand Dollars and you feel sick in the pit of your stomach.
- Your annual review is in 3 weeks, forget about that raise your spouse said you need!
How to be a hero next winter
Get a budget in place, make sure that the people that yelled at you are ready to walk the walk and not simply talk the talk!
Contact Thermaxx and describe the situation you have. Our knowledgeable staff can assist you in the design of a removable insulation jacket that will fix the problem NOW! Why wait? (remember the pain)
Thermaxx LLC has:
- Removable insulation jackets in use in places such as a water main bridge crossing in Northern Montana (-50°F)
- Air release valves all over North America (most in man holes, some not.)
- Steam Valves outside in Maine, water meters and backflow preventer stations in most US States.
What do each of these applications have in common?
- Thermaxx was contacted, the application reviewed, relevant questions were asked and answered.
- If it was determined that a long no-flow condition was not a possibility adding heat trace for peace of mind was discussed
- If it was determined that long no-flow conditions could or would occur the addition of heat trace was recommended by our very knowledgeable staff.
To sum it up, the question is are you tired of getting yelled at? Are you tired of being shamed at work? Wouldn’t you rather be a HERO?
Call Thermaxx today (203) 672-1021, and get started on the road to stardom!
- removable insulation
- thermaxx jackets
- energy savings
- energy efficiency
- pipe insulation
- insulation materials
- case study
- thermal insulation
- heat loss survey
- heat loss
- energy loss
- hot insulation
- New York
- custom insulation
- NYC Case Study
- reusable insulation