Valve Insulation Jackets
Why Insulate Valves?
According to insulation.org, “Steam valves should be insulated. Insulating them conserves energy and also provides personnel safety protection. Since valves require periodic maintenance, the form of insulation used on valves should be easily removable and replaceable. Many manufacturers provide custom-made insulation jackets that fit their valves. These are usually very snug fitting without voids and are very efficient.”
Best Insulation Covers For Valves
Thermaxx Jackets is the leading manufacturer of custom removable insulation blankets for valves and many other applications including pipes, boilers, steam traps, & more. Our team of insulation experts has designed, manufactured, & installed insulation covers on thousands of valves, saving our customers energy and money year after year.
The True Cost Of A Single Uninsulated Valve
When you walk through a facility that uses steam, it’s very common to see an uninsulated valve. Usually, this is because the client didn’t want to pay an insulator to install an insulation cover on a single valve. Most facilities don't understand how much energy that uninsulated steam valve is losing each year. Each uninsulated steam valve is losing hundreds of dollars per year! The table below shows how many BTU’s per hour a standard gate valve loses:
One 6″ gate valve is losing $508.00 per year!
Annual Fuel Savings = 5,800 Btu/hr Χ 8,760 hr/yr ÷ (0.80 efficiency) = 63.51 MMBtu
Most Common Valve Types Insulated By Thermaxx:
- Ball Valves
- Globe Valve
- Gate Valves
- PRVs (Pressure Reducing Valves)
- Air Release Valves
- Butterfly Valves
- Check Valves
- Angle Stop Valves
- Steam Traps
- Plug Valve
- Control Valves
Benefits Of Valve Insulation Jackets by Thermaxx
- Valve insulation helps facility managers prevent heat loss from their hot components, resulting in reduced GHG emissions & lower energy bills
- Insulation covers significantly lower the surface temperature of exposed valves in your boiler room, protecting your employees from workplace accidents & complying with OSHA regulations.
- Our removable insulation blankets are designed to snugly fit your component, and can be removed for inspections and maintenance without damaging the insulating value of the cover.
- Cool the ambient temperature in your boiler room by covering hot components that radiate heat like valves, boilers, pipes, and more.
- Because we believe in our products and insulation materials, all of our jackets are guaranteed for 5 years!
Ready to insulate your valve with removable insulation? Learn more about our heat loss surveys, contact us, or request a quote to get started. Our team of removable insulation experts will help you every step of the way!
- removable insulation
- thermaxx jackets
- energy savings
- energy efficiency
- pipe insulation
- insulation materials
- thermal insulation
- heat loss survey
- case study
- heat loss
- energy loss
- hot insulation
- New York
- custom insulation
- reusable insulation
- steam trap monitoring